inspired by Cooking for Engineers…*thanx Ginny for the link* dun u just love how an engineer thinks??? Great minds do think alike =P
recipe 1 Molten Chocolate Cake
ingredients: 5 eggs, 12 oz bittersweet chocolate (i used Valrohna Caribe Bittersweet chocolate), 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar (not shown), and 2 Tbs of all-purpose flour (canister shown)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Lightly grease 10″ springform pan and set aside.
- Separate eggs and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler over simmering water, and remove from heat.
- Mix sugar, flour, and 5 egg yolks in a bowl until the batter turns slightly lighter shade of yellow
- Add chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites to make soft peaks…when u pull the mixture…the peak should droop a little instead of pointing straight up.
- gentlely fold whipped egg whites into batter, about 1/3 at a time. the batter has a jello consistancy….
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated over for 30 minutes. Cool in pan. Serve warm if possible…